Description of activities include, but are not limited to:
1. Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Customer Services and Metering Systems.
2. Perform assigned work as defined in the individual statement of work.
3. Manage entire projects, including vendor management, scoping, estimating, scheduling, resource allocation, testing, managing and tracking project costs and monitoring.
4. Vendor selection and management for RFI/RFP, Procurement, Legal, SOW, Licensing, support, status, defect management and escalation
5. Refine projects’ scope as required and drive the delivery to meet the objectives.
6. Evaluate and define appropriate ownership responsibilities.
7. Interface with all areas affected by the projects including various areas of IT applications, infrastructure and the business impacted by the project and other stakeholders and management.
8. Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
9. Manage the integration of vendor tasks and review vendor deliverables.
10. Provide effective management and oversee the management of the assigned projects.
11. Understand stakeholders’ priorities and requirements, and actively lead the team towards the successful completion of deliverables within identified business parameters.
12. Coordinate with other delivery managers on intersections with other projects and initiatives.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. 10 or more years with direct hands-on project management experience.
3. Proven track record managing and implementing multi-million dollar mission critical projects.
4. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook).
5. Analytical and evaluation skills to define critical tasks, establish sequence of events, identify individual teams, timelines and outcomes and to produce project plans.
6. Project management skills to develop and monitor work agreements and budgets, determine specifications, schedules, timelines, and define deliverables.
7. Detailed development life-cycle knowledge for requirements, analysis, design, development, testing (test cases, defect management, load testing, failover testing, exception testing, systems integration testing), end user training and implementation.
8. Interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate team and vendor efforts, provide guidance and direction to team members, and communicate project objectives.
9. Stakeholder management experience reporting status and communicating with directors, managing directors, vice presidents and CEOs.
10. Risk mitigation, escalation and prioritization skills required to keep project deliverables on track and communicated to stakeholders.
11. Provide references of experience managing projects of a similar nature in a diverse, multi-affiliate scenario.
12. Proven experience with managing IT application and/or infrastructure projects.
13. In-depth knowledge of the electric utility customer service and metering operations.
14. Understanding of AMR and AMI metering technology and capabilities, Field Area Networks and AMI head-end functionality.
15. Vendor specific experience with Itron and Silver Spring Networks.
16. Understanding of meter register reads and interval usage, and their relationship with billing.
17. Understanding of customer move-in, move-out and collections/reconnect scenarios.
18. Knowledge of outage management systems and their relationship with T&D and AMI metering technologies