· Designs, develops, and implements testing methods, equipment, and software.
· Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
· Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
· Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
· Creates and maintains schematics, engineering drawings and other documentation for test equipment / stations supporting engineering development and pilot production.
· The test engineer will work closely with technicians and engineers in executing tasks that could include cable harness assembly, board level test, subassembly & box level assembly/test, thermal testing, and other similar assembly and test tasks both in the R&D labs and on the pilot production line.
· The test engineer must have a willingness to conduct hands on testing.
· Attention to detail, good interpersonal skills, good organizational skills, computer literacy, and a demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
· Ability to generate engineering drawings, schematics, and other documentation.
· Fluency in RF, digital, analog, power, and/or logic systems Capable of generating procedures/documentation for use in production environment.
· Solid trouble-shooting skills.
· Demonstrated capability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
· Educational background in electronics or computer science.
· Exceptional lab skills: ability to test and debug electronics
· Fluency in LabView, LabWindows, C or C++.