Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical and electromechanical areas. Duties to include: Electronic circuit board component soldering/de-soldering; wire harness and cable assembly; assembly of precision mechanical components such as gimbaled platforms with inertial sensors; assembly of air and fluid connections for small environmental control systems; mechanical fabrication using standard machine shop tooling. Works from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
· High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
· J-STD-001 Certified IPC Specialist. The certification shall be current.
· Handling fragile components (accelerometers, gyros).
· Familiarity with Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) operation.
· IPC-A-610 certification
· IPC/WHAM-A-620 certification