· To perform these duties, the Data Scientist will: design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including big data sources.
· Develop and use advanced software programs, algorithms, querying and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets and models complex business problems.
· Works with cross-discipline teams in order to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems. Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
· May develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
· Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
· Requires knowledge of various technical domains to including systems coding, various software programming languages, and deep mathematical calculation and algorithms to provide intricate analytic solutions to meet end user needs.
· Has various tool knowledge with both software development and engineering research to create models of relevancy.
· Experience designing efficient algorithms with programming languages and tools for data manipulation and statistical analysis.
· Experience designing efficient data mining and text mining frameworks with related tools.
· Previous experience in applying data science against open source media to support intelligence collection and data fusion.
· Bachelors in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent
· Must have strong problem solving skills, business acumen, and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Preferred languages: R, SAS, Python, Matlab, SQL, Hive, Pig, Spark
· Able to work in a team environment
· Applying data science against open source media to support Intelligence collection and data fusion.
· Predictive Modeling
· Story-Telling and Visualization
· Distributed Computing
· Cloud - AWS and/or OpenStack
· Web Services/API knowledge (REST, GraphQL)
· Common data transport formats (e.g., JSON, XML, Parquet, Avro, Proto Buf)
· Basic understanding of Data Science concepts
· Experience with Agile development processes
· An interest and capacity to learn new skill sets
· Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem (e.g., MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, HBase, Kudu, Impala, HDFS)
· Experience with Java and/or Python programming
· Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases