The ideal candidate is a communications generalist with experience in general public relations/communications practices including: media relations, social media, trade show support, marketing communications materials/literature, and employee communications, to develop and execute communications plans to support business goals and strategy. This individual will work closely with program management and business development to strategize and maintain program messaging for use in customer and government engagements.
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of business priorities and objectives, possess superior writing skills and an ability to interface effectively with senior leaders. The successful candidate will also excel at managing multiple deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Superior writing, editing and oral communications skills with the ability to convey highly complex information in clear, compelling ways.
• Basic design skills in professional presentations and multimedia projects.
• Excellent strategist with keen creative instincts and expertise influencing leadership thinking in strategic communication and issues management.
• Prior experience planning and developing employee-focused communications.
• Thorough understanding of and hands-on experience/practical application in the communications/public relations discipline
• Experience in developing and executing integrated strategic communications plans to support key internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and executive leadership
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (Public Relations, Communications, Marketing Communications, etc.), or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.