· Creates learning objectives, course design, content, activities and assessments in order to develop eLearning and instructor-led training (ILT) offerings.
· Receives little instructions on day-to-day work and general instructions for new assignments.
· Manages training development projects with little guidance from others.
· Drives identification and adoption of process improvements within the training team.
· Seeks necessary information for subject matter experts and training team members.
· Reviews course material and modifies or advises others on improvements needed based on evaluations and changing business needs
· The successful candidate should possess strong knowledge of adult learning theory and styles of learning, as well as demonstrate proficiency with rapid learning development.
Education, Experience, & Skill Requirements
· Undergraduate degree in instructional design technology, education, communication or any discipline requiring mastery of written communication skills or 5-10 years equivalent experience
· Experience developing classroom training, self-paced instruction, eLearning training, job aids and learning activities.
· Proficient in eLearning course authoring tools such as Articulate, Captivate, HTML, Dreamweaver, or equivalent systems.
· Proficient in software such as Snag-It, Photoshop, Flash, or Fireworks used to create graphics and animation, capture screen shots, and produce demonstrations
· Understands the capabilities of course authoring and graphics software and applies this knowledge to proficiently manage eLearning design projects
· Exceptional written / verbal language and grammar skills
· Understands problems that arise in a live or web-based classroom situation and designs curriculum to minimize or prevent these problems
· Works independently, initiating and following through on all phases of assigned curriculum development projects; occasionally leads design projects
· Conveys information of a technical nature through clear explanations, examples, and learning activities
· Experience in training, technical writing, instructional design, assessment design and development, and eLearning design and development preferred
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Communication skills with senior and executive levels of management
· Proficient with concepts of ADDIE, Learning Styles, Accelerated Learning and action learning and applies to training development and delivery
· Develops, maintains and applies training and adult learning theory knowledge.
· Applies knowledge of the customer work environment when designing and developing training material, activities and job aides.
· Proficient at preparing learning objectives to satisfy training needs analysis.
· Expert at managing time effectively; focuses on the critical priorities and reprioritizes to meet business and training demands
· Occasional long, irregular hours.
· Use of a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone over 6 hours a day.
· Ability to deliver stand-up training sessions for 6 hours per day.